- University of Virginia School of Law, J.D.
- Hope College, B.A. International Studies and German, 2007
- Washington State Association for Justice (WSAJ)
- King County Bar Association
- Tacoma-Pierce County Bar Association
- Military Spouse J.D. Network
AFFILIATIONS AND COURTS ADMITTED
- Admitted to practice, 2014, Washington State Bar
- Admitted in U.S. District Court for the Western District of Washington
- Admitted to practice before the Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals
Stephanie L. Messplay
Primary Areas of Practice
Civil Litigation, Appeals, Personal Injury, Employment, Civil Rights, TEDRA, Criminal Defense
Stephanie L. Messplay has been with Van Siclen Stocks Firkins since 2014. She is a graduate of the University of Virginia School of Law in Charlottesville, VA, where she served as a contributing editor on the Virginia Journal of International Law. She served on the Washington Court of Appeals, Division I, as a Law Clerk for the Honorable Stephen J. Dwyer. She has since returned to court multiple times to argue on behalf of her clients, including in In re Marriage of Lane, 188 Wn. App. 597 (2015). Stephanie also successfully litigated a case on behalf of two high school wrestlers that resulted in changes being implemented to ensure the equality of male and female student athletes.
Stephanie graduated summa cum laude from Hope College in Michigan, with majors in International Studies and German and a minor in Economics. She spent time in Austin, Texas and Charlottesville, Virginia before settling in her favorite city of all: Seattle.
In her spare time, Stephanie, along with her husband Tony, enjoys attending festivals, hiking with her German Shepherd, and watching the Seattle Seahawks.