- Willamette University, J.D., 1967
- Oregon State University and Willamette University, B.S.L., 1966
- Seattle-King County Bar Association Judicial Selection Committee
- South King County Bar Association, President
- Lawyer Pilots Bar Association
- Active in local organizations
Affiliations and Courts Admitted
- Admitted to practice in all courts in the state of Washington
- Admitted in Federal Courts, U.S. District Courts for both the Western District of Washington and the Eastern District of Washington
- Admitted to practice before the Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals
- Admitted to practice before the United States Supreme Court
Robert C. Van Siclen
Founder, Of Counsel
Primary Areas of Practice
Personal Injury, Products Liability, Medical Negligence, Malpractice Litigation, Employment Law, Aviation Law, Civil Rights Litigation, Arbitration & Mediation of Complex Litigation
Bob has been noted for representing a number of persons caught up in the now infamous Wenatchee Sex Ring Cases. Representing three of the defendants in that case, all of whom were acquitted, Bob’s clients are defendants to have gained acquittals in the criminal cases filed against them. (See: Power to Harm, Andrew Schneider and Mike Barber, Seattle Post Intelligencer.)
Practicing law continuously in Auburn since March 1968, Bob began his practice as an assistant City Attorney for the cities of Auburn and Pacific serving each city as prosecutor as well as performing corporate work in each city’s civil divisions.
His practice has primarily been as a trial attorney in the various litigation fields of practice including personal injury, product liability (especially aviation related), professional negligence, civil rights litigation and complex commercial and labor law.
Bob is the first Auburn, WA attorney to receive the “AV” rating in the Martindale Hubbell Legal Directory.
An avid pilot, Bob is an instrument rated pilot holding single and multi-engine ratings.
Quotes from Clients:
“You guys are the best. Top-flight lawyers! We owe you our freedom and will never forget you.” (Criminal defense, civil rights, 1995-2009.)–Honnah and Jon of Wenatchee
“Bob is not only the best attorney in the state, but in the whole world! And I mean that. Although I never want to go through my ordeal again, I am so happy God connected me to his firm.” (Criminal, Jury Verdict “Not Guilty”, 1995) (Civil Rights Settlement, 6 figures, 2008.)–Pastor Roby of Wenatchee
“Bob is not only a honest and patient attorney, but has a brilliant legal mind.” (January, 2010.)–Ken S. of Auburn